The UNHATE Foundation, desired and founded by the Benetton Group, seeks to contribute to the creation of a new culture against hate, building on Benetton’s underpinning values.
The core principles through which the Foundation operates are:
- the fight against hate and discrimination in all its forms;
- the support of new generations, where youth are the main actors and beneficiaries of concrete projects, communication campaigns and education activities;
- the dissemination of the social impact of Art, as the key tool of the Foundation in its activities against hate and discrimination.
The social impact of art projects, developed in close partnership with Fabrica, is at the heart of all the activities of the Foundation.
Hate is one of the causes of the lack of social and economic development of new generations:
- UNHATE communication campaigns, with their strong message promoting human rights, aim to engage the attention of the public and promote positive actions, where anyone can become a player in the fight against intolerance, from the global scenario to everyday life.
- UNHATE Projects support concrete actions in local communities to promote dialogue and the acceptance of diversity, and are implemented by associations and organizations whose beneficiaries are young people. These actions are selected for their capacity to bring long lasting and rooted positive effects in the target communities.
UNHATE Foundation is another important step in Benetton Group’s corporate responsibility strategy: a contribution that will have a real impact in the international community, involving a variety of stakeholders: the new generations, institutions, international organizations and NGOs, civil society and the general public.